How to Increase Your B2B Sales
Ah, B2B sales. The products are complex, the sales cycles are long, and many decision makers are involved. That’s why it’s critical that your sales reps highlight the benefits that your solution delivers, right? Wrong.
You’re not as differentiated as you think
The fact is, following the conventional wisdom that tells us to focus on benefits will limit your B2B sales potential. Most of the so-called unique benefits companies choose to promote in an effort to differentiate themselves often do not move customers to consider doing anything different.
As a result, you risk:
- Wasting sales opportunities where customers make no decision because there’s no compelling reason to change
- Losing competitive opportunities because you couldn’t differentiate in the sales “bake-off”
- Slowing sales cycles and eroding margins because prospects don’t see enough difference to rush a decision or to pay a premium
Transform pitches into conversations
Instead of “selling” on benefits, what if you could deliver conversations that convince prospects to choose you? By helping your B2B sales team create a remarkable, memorable, and compelling experience when they are sending emails, communication over the Web, and making in-person presentations, you’ll be able to vastly improve your ability to communicate value during a customer interaction.
Put the H into your B2B sales
In the B2B world, it is easy to forget that buyers (like all people) make decisions based on emotion and then justify them with facts. That’s why presenting benefits to prospects doesn’t work as well as we think it does. Even if we don’t get caught up in “feeds and speeds” and industry jargon, the typical sterile dialogue simply doesn’t acknowledge that successful B2B sales require H2H (human-to-human) interactions. It’s all part of creating an interactive customer conversation – one in which the prospect is engaged, participating, and owning the discussion, as opposed to being presented at.
At Corporate Visions, we’ve seen first-hand the difference a compelling story can make to a B2B sales pipeline. When you create and deliver messages that customers truly care about, you give your brand the clear edge in today’s crowded market – and dramatically increase sales. Our Power Messaging helps you take full advantage of selling conversations to create more opportunities, “un-stick” stalled sales cycles, and protect your pricing and margins.
Learn more about this topic
Check out these resources to help you increase your B2B sales:
- Report: Sales & Marketing Messaging Report Q3 2010 – Deal Creation
- On-demand webinar: Deal Creation – Learn a fresh business-building angle so you can stop prospecting and start creating deals.
- Executive briefing: Experience Power Messaging for yourself in a three-hour, executive briefing session near you