Job Status: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
Corporate Visions is seeking an experienced corporate attorney to serve as our first Corporate Counsel. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, our new Corporate Counsel will have primary responsibility for all legal matters arising out of and related to customer contracts.
In addition, the individual will also provide general legal counsel within the organization in multiple areas, including risk management, compliance, corporate governance, and litigation. The ideal candidate will be oriented to our customers (internal and external) and to scaling the legal function. This role will be a great opportunity for the successful candidate to work directly with business leaders and expand their practice in a corporate setting.
Corporate Visions is a fully remote work environment, and this position can be based anywhere in the United States.
on a daily basis
Daily duties will relate primarily to oversight of two individuals who draft SOWs and handle related tasks, contract negotiations, contract administration, and advice and counsel to internal stakeholders regarding the same. This includes corresponding with internal stakeholders for review and approval, preparing redlines for internal and external review, negotiating with customers, and arriving at “win-win” solutions for the company and its customers.
Other duties include review of vendor agreements, consultation with human resources on employee-related matters, assistance in mergers & acquisitions, and work on other general corporate activities requiring legal advice. Successful candidates will have experience with agreements related to intellectual property, technology and professional services, contract lifecycle management (CLM) applications, and corporate transactions.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate company contracts, requests for proposals and other legal documents.
- Provide advice and counsel to business leaders on all matters related to contract execution and contracts administration.
- Manage and provide legal support as needed to the contracts administration team.
- Draft and revise business contracts, including working with internal stakeholders and external clients to achieve approval and execution.
- Oversee implementation of a CLM system.
- Assist with general corporate matters, consulting with management, commercial advisors, tax experts, accountants, and third-party counsel.
- Develop the organization’s policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance, or regulatory affairs.
- J.D. or equivalent from accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of the State Bar in the state where the candidate resides, or eligible for Corporate Counsel status in the state.
- 4 to 6 years’ experience providing consultation, support, and legal advice, particularly in the contracts area, in a corporate or law firm setting.
- Solid background in general corporate law.
- Specific experience working in the professional services and/or technology industries preferred.
- Experience with an implementation of a CLM application is a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Solid understanding of general legal principles and practices applicable to business.
- Strong technical lawyer, great issue spotter, business-mined, a pragmatic and efficient problem solver.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with a range of personalities and working styles, and with people at all organization levels, in person and remotely.
- Ability to manage and develop people.
- Strong project management and analytical skills, with ability to meet competing deadlines with accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English), including the ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
about Corporate Visions
Do you want to transform the way great companies tell their stories now and in the future? As a Corporate Visions team member, that’s what you’ll do every day.
No matter what your title is.
With Corporate Visions, you’ll have the freedom to leverage your unique talents. And you’ll be encouraged to use those talents to help shape our vision. It’s all part of helping the world’s leading B2B companies articulate value with conversations that win.
Corporate Visions provides science-backed revenue growth services for sales, marketing, and customer success.
With over 150 employees across the United States and in the U.K, we are a growth-oriented company grounded in our core values:
- Serve Each Other First
- Play Boldly and With Purpose
- Own Your Results