director of content strategy
Department: Content Services
Position Reports To: VP Content Services
Job Status: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
- Work with marketing, sales enablement, and sales leaders to determine the appropriate message architecture, assets, and lead-gen and sales enablement programs to meet marketing and sales goals. Create project plans and roadmaps as needed to execute on strategies.
- Serve as the common thread across projects and CVI consultants on multi-asset client engagements, relay client-specific knowledge and a big picture overview to CVI writers/designers.
- Review assets produced by individual writers and designers on a multi-asset client engagement as needed for consistency and quality. Help writers and designers problem solve as needed.
- Write and produce messaging and content pieces such as infographics, e-books, emails, call scripts, video scripts, and executive briefs, as needed (estimate 30% of time).
- Perform targeted assessments of customers’ marketing and sales enablement content libraries through the lens of the Corporate Visions Deciding Journey, identify gaps and items to retire, and recommend bills of materials to fill the gaps.
- Work with reps to define and scope new content-related projects, provide guidance in SOW development. Act as the content services lead on prospect and client sales calls as needed.
- Work with Customer Engagement Managers to ensure project plans, timelines, and content trackers are updated appropriately and client recap emails are accurate. Step in when projects are threatening to go off track.
- Work with resource managers to identify the appropriate resources for non-standard projects.
- Minimum 7+ years in a senior, multichannel content marketing role, either at a B2B company or at a B2B marketing consulting firm.
- Experience working with senior sales and marketing leaders to design messaging and content programs to reach goals, including SQL and MQL targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or similar.
- Ability to solve complex problems and resolve difficult situations.
- Excellent collaboration skills with internal and customer project teams.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Clear written and verbal communication on complex topics.
- Exceptional writing skills, including longer-form content such as e-books.
- Intrinsically motivated and self-managed.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.