member success manager
Job Status: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
As the Member Success Manager for the Emblaze division of Corporate Visions, you will be responsible for ensuring the success and satisfaction of our valued members. You will play a pivotal role in building strong, long-lasting relationships with our members, understanding their needs, and helping them maximize the value they receive from their membership benefits. You’ll connect members to one other, share what others have done to solve similar challenges, and help them solve their most critical revenue growth challenges using our research, content, and advisory services.
You should feel at ease working in a lean environment where your contribution is critical and valued—this is a difference-making role with a high level of responsibility, input, and visibility.
this role is for you if you...
- Are a dedicated and hardworking professional who takes pride in delivering exceptional service with minimal oversight and direction.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and want to play an integral part in building processes, templates, and practices to grow the business quickly.
- Thrive on having diverse responsibilities and can provide creative solutions to member challenges.
- Are detail-oriented, with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Document members’ commercial goals.
- Use your intimate knowledge of our research to create a member engagement plan aligned to members’ goals.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our research and products to educate members about the most relevant content for their specific requirements.
- Stay abreast of trends, best practices, and innovative technologies related to the inside/digital sales, customer success, and marketing fields.
- Design a customer life cycle touchpoint plan to keep members engaged and utilizing their membership throughout the term.
- Guide new members through the onboarding process, ensuring a smooth and positive experience.
- Proactively engage with members to understand their challenges and provide tailored solutions and support.
- Manage and nurture existing member relationships, suggesting content specific to their needs, promoting attendance at events, and providing creative ways for them to engage with the community regularly.
- Address member inquiries, concerns, and issues promptly and effectively, collaborating with cross-functional teams as needed.
- Gather member feedback and insights to help improve our services and provide actionable insights to internal teams.
- Proactively monitor member engagement and take actions to increase member retention and satisfaction, as member retention is the key measure of success in this role.
- Maintain accurate records of member interactions, feedback, and outcomes, and provide regular reports to management.
Skills you'll need
- Exceptional communication—both written and verbal
- Remote presentations via PowerPoint and website demos, often to senior leaders
- Confidence and business acumen to bring value to high-level leaders
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Analysis of utilization data, ability to compile data from multiple sources into a member-friendly view, and craft recommendations for resolving gaps illuminated by the data
Your technology proficiencies
- Salesforce, Dynamics, or other CRM
- Salesloft, Outreach, or similar engagement platform
- Microsoft Office 365
Your experience and education
- 3+ years of experience in a customer success or account management role, with a preference for candidates with community, content, or member-based product experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, marketing, or a related field
- Familiarity with business communities and research and advisory firms
- Experience being on or leading an inside sales team is a plus.
Your work environment
You will work from your own home, interacting with team members and members primarily through email, Zoom, and Slack. The following physical demands must be met to successfully perform the responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use standard office equipment.
- Sit or stand for a prolonged period (7+ hours per workday).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job may include near, far, peripheral, and depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus with or without the use of corrective lenses.
Additionally, domestic travel may be required up to 30% of the time to perform the functions of this job.