Popular Power Messaging Approach Featured in “Conversations That Win the Complex Sale” Expands Skills for Overcoming Indecision and Creating Differentiation in Competitive Markets
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. – August 20, 2013 – Corporate Visions, the leading sales and marketing messaging company, today announced an updated version of its popular Power Messaging® sales skills training system, which is designed to increase the success of selling presentations and conversations. Popularized in the bestselling book “Conversations That Win the Complex Sale,” the Power Messaging system is a two-day course that provides a six-week reinforcement campaign to improve participant retention and incorporates expanded blended learning techniques. The course now also provides salespeople with the distinct conversation skills they need to communicate clear value and differentiation in competitive markets.
As salespeople struggle to overcome the pressure to defeat “no decision” and increase revenue and profitability, they need to deliver impactful early-stage, executive-level conversations that convince prospects to change. Additionally, they must be able to transition quickly into a conversation that distinguishes their offerings from competitive alternatives in a way that compels their prospects to choose them.
“These are two different, yet equally important, conversation types that demand a fresh approach for sales messaging. The winner in a sales cycle where products are similar is often determined by the salesperson that can tell the best story,” said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy, and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. “The updated Power Messaging system deliberately focuses on ‘why change’ and ‘why you’ conversations skills training to help salespeople learn how to tell the best story, and ensures that proper attention is given to these conversations by teaching and practicing specific techniques.”
The new Power Messaging system includes the following:
- E-Learning − Pre-course e-learning modules help participants preview core concepts and provide knowledge transfers that free up classroom time for more hands-on application.
- Email refresher − Following the course, a six-week email campaign is sent to participants with links to videos and interactive questions to reinforce key concepts from the training. One topic is assigned each week to create moments for review, self-coaching or interaction with frontline managers.
- Online portal − for those interested in going deeper into mastering the concepts, a complete portal is available, which is filled with additional videos and exercises for more post-course practice.
- Coaching − Add-on coaching sessions are offered to help frontline managers provide situational feedback during real-life opportunities
“We’ve found that blended learning, especially post-course coaching and reinforcement with a situational application, significantly improves retention and usage,” Riesterer added. “Skills training without this comprehensive approach won’t result in the behavior change your company desires. In fact, on average, our clients report a 10-30 times return on their investment for their entire program in the first 90-days, proving this approach is effective in winning more business.”
To determine the return on investment of its training system, for the past two years, Corporate Visions has turned over the assessment of behavior change and business results to a third-party company, BeyondROI. The organization uses an outcome-based interviewing approach to determine adoption levels and business results.
The performance of high adopters is compared to low adopters to provide insight into the impact of behavior change on key performance metrics. On average, with the Power Messaging system, high adopters have reported three times faster improvement in quota achievement and deal size than low adopters.
To learn more about Power Messaging, please visit our Solutions page.
About Corporate Visions, Inc.
Corporate Visions, Inc. helps global business-to-business companies create more sales opportunities, win more deals and increase sales profitability by improving the conversations salespeople have with customers. Companies engage Corporate Visions in three key areas:
- Developing differentiated messages that concentrate on customer needs
- Deploying tools that support critical steps in the buying cycle
- Delivering sales skills training that enables salespeople to create and capture more value
Corporate Visions helps clients such as ADP, Motorola, Philips, and SAP align marketing and sales with a repeatable approach for creating and delivering winning customer conversations. For more information about Corporate Visions visit www.corporatevisions.com or call 775-831-1322 or 800-360-SELL.