Our mission was to get people to think differently about negotiation, to promote give and take, and to always consider how to expand the size of each deal being made without giving away unnecessary concessions.”
—Dan Braunm, prior Vice President of Global Learning, CA Technologies
- Achieved a 45.8 to 1 return on investment less than six months after introducing Corporate Visions’ methodology
- Tracked a $42 million annualized revenue increase directly attributable to the use of newly acquired negotiation skills and tools
- Grew bookings and overall profitability by 15%
- Closed larger deals by increasing average selling prices by 4-15%
- Increased renewal rates and protect existing pricing/share within each account
- Won the Business Impact Gold Award from Chief Learning Officer magazine and the Workplace Learning and Development Award from the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
CA Technologies operates in a global, highly competitive marketplace characterized by a complex sales process and intense price pressure from buyers. Improved negotiation results were critical to improving performance against competitors, and enhancing both margins and cash flow. The company needed to build the competence and confidence of its globally distributed sales team, a high percentage of whom had been with the company less than two years. The sales team faced negotiation challenges from customers who:
- Exerted pressure to implement on untenable project delivery schedules
- Employed non-response as a negotiation tactic
- Had been “trained” by the industry to expect high end-of-quarter discounts
- Took every opportunity to pressure sales for lower pricing
Corporate Visions helped implement the company’s go-to-market strategy by increasing the proficiency of its sales professionals in building stronger customer relationships, and training them to negotiate more profitable sales agreements. The introduction of proven negotiation principles, behaviors, tools, and planning methods instilled a disciplined and consistent approach to sales execution, and gave sales professionals and their managers a common language with which to manage the negotiation process.
In addition, Corporate Visions’ Situational Sales Negotiation methodology was deployed globally—in local languages when needed—to more than 800 sales professionals and managers. It was further reinforced through coaching by trained managers, email-based messaging, and ongoing collection and dissemination of results and best practices in the field.